Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Cool Writing Prompts

I found these two writing prompts on "One Minute Writing Prompts."

1. You've decided you want a new name--one that will reflect who you are. What is your new name?

My new name would be Annelise. I love the way it sounds-- kind of ethereal. I see myself as delicate and refined. In Hebrew Annelise means grace/favor. I believe that God has truly blessed me. So to me, it would fit perfectly.

2. Is life getting better or worse as you get older?

Life is getting better as I get older. Yeah, my body is changing--I can't see, my bones and muscles ache, and my memory-- well let's say I'm lucky if I remember what I had for lunch yesterday-- but I love being in my late forties. I have gained the treasure of wisdom. I truly don't sweat the small stuff. I'm not poor like I was when I was younger. I've learned that life is about simplicity. "Keep it simple" my dad says. I try to live a simple, uncluttered life. When you can get to that point, it's very liberating. I've found that all I really need is my faith in God, my health, and my family and friends. And life is good.

1 comment:

  1. Amazing! Thanks for the prompts. Did you get these through your Blogline feeds?

    ReplyDelete